How do I find and contact a UK Host?
Finding and contacting a UK host family to provide you with accommodation could not be easier. Please follow 3 simple steps:
- Use our 'Find a home' page to search and identify a host that matches your needs
- Message your chosen host using the 'Message' button found on each listing. We will ask you to provide your name, contact details and a brief description of what you need.
- The host will receive your message by email and make contact with you directly using your personal details you have provided.
Your chosen host in the UK will be responsible for completing a 'Sponsor visa' form that enables you to travel to the UK and stay in their home.
About the 'Homes for Ukraine' Scheme
The British public are appalled and outraged by the suffering being inflicted on the Ukrainian people by the war with Russia. We stand with you in support of your strength and bravery.
On Monday 14 March, over 80,000 members of the British Public registered with the Government to open their homes to receive Ukrainian people fleeing the war. In total over 150,000 people in Britain have now signed up to the Government's 'Homes for Ukraine'
scheme that offers a route to safety for Ukrainians and their family members to escape their homeland until it is safe to return home.
The scheme allows UK citizens to sponsor Ukrainian nationals, (regardless of whether they have family members in the UK) so that they can travel to the UK and stay for up to 3 years.
ANY Ukraine national arriving under this scheme will be able to:
- Live and work in the UK for up to three years
- Access healthcare, benefits, employment support, education, and English language tuition